Here are some things that Brent Burdick, James-Michael Smith, and I hope to accomplish as we minister in the state of Odisah which is in eastern India. The map below says “Orissa” because the state just changed its name to Odisha in 2011.
1. Learn from the faith of Indian pastors and leaders — how does their faith in Christ thrive in the midst of marginalization at best and persecution at worst?
2. Strengthen our connection with our long-term ministry partners in the region..
3. Offer practical teaching on “The Family Life Of The Minister,” “Leadership Lessons From The Kings,” and “Old Testament Connections.”
4. Experience was faith is like in a place where reciting the Apostles’ Creed can get you killed.
5. Invite all people into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.