Helping preachers be more productive in sermon prep and have more impact in message delivery.
The question of time and sermon preparation is a very interesting one. I can't answer this for everyone, I can only tell you what works for me....
All of my sermons are crafted around one main point, a singular bottom line. I use the one point sermon to cut through the clutter and the noise and...
Read More on the Blog:
Deliver sermons with clarity, passion, and boldness.
Simplify the Message: Multiply the Impact is designed to help preachers break through the noise of culture and the cauldron of church to deliver sermons with clarity, passion, and boldness.
Designed specifically to help:
- young preachers developing their skills who need structure, a process, and hope.
- more seasoned preachers who may have “settled” needing tools to invigorate their preparation and inspire their delivery
Paul told the Corinthians:
“When I came to you, brothers and sisters, I didn’t come preaching God’s secrets to you like I was an expert in speech or wisdom. I had made up my mind not to think about anything while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and to preach him as crucified.” (I Corinthians 2:1-2, CEB)
Author Talbot Davis shares the insights and habits that will empower the reader’s preaching and teaching to be:
• Both creative and disciplined;
• Both carefully prepared and thoroughly spontaneous; and
• Both rooted in history and connected to modernity.
Simple is the opposite of simplistic. Sermons with clear & unmistakable focus are best able to plumb the depths not only of Gospel beauty but of the hearers’ lives.