Here’s what James-Michael Smith, Chris Thayer, and I hope to accomplish in India as we serve the role of GSUMC’s ambassadors:
1. Learn from the faith of Indian pastors and leaders — how does their faith in Christ thrive in the midst of marginalization at best and persecution at worst?
2. Strengthen our connection with our long-term ministry partners in Orissa.
3. Shore up the biblical knowledge of indigenous leaders. Indian pastors are sadly under-resourced when it comes to biblical context and history. James-Michael and Chris are just the kind of resource they need.
4. Provide practical know-how in sermon development, healing services, and funeral ministry. Um, that’s what I’m supposed to be doing.
5. Invite all people into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.