Yep, they’re out there.
Things that as a preacher I am tempted to do but have to pray that the Lord will prevent me from ever doing.
That’s in that prayer Jesus prayed, isn’t it?
Here they are: the Top Five Things I Pray The Lord Stops Me Before I Ever Do Them.
1. Take a selfie with a celebrity pastor.
2. Preach with notes. Preach with notes that I read off an iPad.
3. Refer to myself in the third person. I would be mad at Talbot Davis if he ever did that.
4. Casually mention in a blog or Facebook post, “while walking the streets of Paris / London / Rio / Antwerp with my smokin’ hot wife . . .”
5. Compromise the gospel to fit in better with colleagues or congregants.