What an interesting assortment of text messages and Facebook Direct Messages I received yesterday.
Here are the top five, keeping the authors/senders anonymous (with one exception):
5. “There were so many times (during your Sunday sermon) that I wanted to throw my hand up and say, ‘Hell YES, Talbot!’ . . . but the church ain’t quite ready for that.”
4. “The empty nest thing is on our heels in our house. Do you have a class at church for that?” (My answer: No class, just personal experience as to its awesomeness.)
3. “Think of signs of biblical health . . . Good Shepherd bears the marks. I so appreciate the biblical focus . . . Keep that focus as over the long run it produces far batter disciples.”
2. “I’m so glad I filled out that connect card and someone showed up at our door with a smile and a coffee mug and then we got a hand written letter and then y’all made a personal phone call to invite us back . . . that church is an answered prayer to us.”
1. “Thanks . . . Shared the Gospel with 5 (fraternity members) over the past two weeks. Probably will meet with a few more this week.” (That one from my son Riley after I had texted him that I prayed he’d lead more people to Jesus today.)