My signature accomplishment in high school was being awarded Third Most Innocent in the senior superlatives edition of our campus newspaper. Here’s the proof:
Anyway, five moments during a recent Eagles concert showed me just how accurate that “award” was. Here goes:
- I did not know what the “warm smell of colitas” was until … last year when I asked on Facebook.
- I did not know how there could be both “lines on the mirror, lines on her face” until 2013. And then, not from personal experience.
- I did not know what “the doctor says he’s coming but you’ve got to pay in cash” referred to until earlier this spring.
- I still don’t know what “so put me on a highway and show me a sign” refers to.
- I did, however, know what “spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way” meant. Again, thankfully, not from personal experience.
Maybe I’ll win FIRST Most Innocent at a future reunion.