Here’s a Top Five Tuesday list in which I am inviting your participation.
And it has to do with upcoming sermon series.
Here’s where I am: we just finished Week One of Jaw Droppers. That series takes us through Easter Sunday, March 27.
Then, on April 3, I will begin The Light At The Beginning Of The Tunnel. I thought that would be an ideal “first full series” for our Zoar community while also giving Moss Roaders much spiritual food for thought. The Light will run through May 8 or May 15.
And then . . . I got nothing.
So, please weigh in on the ideas running around in my head on what intrigues you the most . . . sermon series that you’d find not only interesting but challenging as well. Here are five options:
1. Nooks & Crannies. A series on household relationships. I am big on the idea that relationships are not best developed on trips to Carowinds or Disney World, but in the nooks and crannies of every day life.
2. . . . but God . . . A series on the “but God” sayings in Scripture, highlighting all the ways that God is delivering us from our worst enemy — ourselves.
3. Crash Test Dummies. Why do we keep doing the same dumb things over and over and over?
4. Unhappy Campers. A series on the children of Israel as they wandered, unhappily, through the wilderness for forty years.
5. The Path Of Most Resistance. A series on the ways we learn the most profound lessons through the most difficult circumstances. As Romans 5:3-4 says it: “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
So . . . vote/comment for your Top Two on this Top Five Tuesday, and we’ll see what unfolds at Good Shepherd in the summer of 2016.