As Preventology nears its conclusion — it winds up on Sunday with How To Prevent Daddy Issues — I thought it appropriate to reflect on some wisdom found beyond the book of Proverbs.
Here’s a sampling:
- You should always buy an umbrella when it’s NOT raining.
- Ditto for windshield wipers.
- Don’t base what you can afford by the monthly payment; base it on the overall debt.
- If you’re a preacher, deodorant and breath mints are a vital part of your ministerial arsenal.
- If you wear contact lens (as I have for almost 40 years), when you take them out at night, it’s the ultimate signal that the day is over.
- Read it out loud before you hit “Send” or “Publish.”
- The best time to look for a job is when you have one.
- Hire for team, not talent.
- Sign up for TSA Pre-Check. Please.
- Spend more time developing your strengths than improving your weaknesses.
- When you want to get the last word in, don’t.