Enough Revelation. For awhile.
I’ve been thinking about some of my favorite moments in rock songs. Not the best songs, necessarily, but what are those moments within songs that stay with you? So I put together a few of my favorites:
1. When Merry Kelly’s haunting vocals kick in during the Rolling Stones’ Gimme Shelter.
2. When the drums blast off in U2’s Beautiful Day.
3. When Randy Meisner hits the high notes on the Eagles’ Take It To The Limit. I know it’s a wimpy song, but I still like it.
4. When the opening guitar part launches The Bravery’s Believe.
5. When Jimmy Page opens Led Zeppelin’s Over The Hills And Far Away with that unforgettable picking pattern on the acoustic guitar. It sounds as good today as when I first heard it more than 30 years ago.