For a variety of reasons, Hebrews 10:24 has been on my mind recently:
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Well, since the author of Hebrews asks us to “consider” how it is that we can “spur on” others in the Body of Christ to love and good works, let’s do just that . . .
- When you see someone in a ministry that’s making a difference, voice your appreciation.
- When you have an idea for spending time in an unselfish way, invite someone else to come along with you.
- When you want to numb your mind out on a game show, open up the Sermon On The Mount instead.
- If you don’t know what the Sermon On The Mount is, read Matthew 5-7.
- When you think back on a Sunday School teacher, youth leader, or even pastor who impacted your spiritual life in a positive way, write that person a note. Hand written. It will mean the world to that person.
- When someone voices/write appreciation to you, don’t minimize it. Accept the encouragement as if it’s a word from God.
- Open your eyes and ears to see the movement of God in your church, your family, your workplace.