Several times in recent weeks I have been present when people have prayed to give their lives to Christ.
It’s been happening in my office or in our Worship Center.
What a privilege to see God extend the invitation and then to have people respond in faith.
But what next? What are the best next steps for someone who has much such a commitment?
I’m not great at that part . . . but I have been trying to put more focus on the follow up. Here’s my approach:
1. Make sure they have a good bible — preferably an NIV Student Bible.
2. Assign the Gospel of John. Twenty-one chapters in twenty-one days.
3. When they finish, have them read it again.
4. Schedule another personal appointment.
5. Connect them with a good small group or Sunday School class.
6. Encourage/insist they put their faith to action by taking part in First Serve.
What else would you add?