I like Charlotte.
I mean, I really like this city we live in. Always have. I wouldn’t be half bad working for the Chamber of Commerce.
Here are the top five reasons I like Charlotte so much:
5. The skyline. How about this nighttime picture?
4. The foliage at the corner of Hamilton Road and Highway 160 (right by our house). It’s both city and country at the same time.
3. Three topnotch seminaries: Gordon-Conwell, Reformed Theological, and Southern Evangelical.
2. The Panthers. At least in 1996, 2003 and 2005.
1. The Morning Sports Page on WFNZ radio. Gary Williams and Jim Celania have a formula that works every time. Funny, irreverent, and smart. I can’t imagine the city without them.