There is a certain, seismic cultural shift every February that lets you know football season is over. Done. Finis. No mas.
And our culture gives you a number of clues that this is in fact the case.
Here are five:
1. Ice skating is on weekend television. They don’t put Jason Brown up against Alabama-Auburn, do they?
2. Charlotte area pastors no longer have angst before and despair after a home Panthers game, certain that the game will gut attendance.
3. Killer deals available on all those “Carolina Panthers 2016 Super Bowl Champs” hats and shirts.
4. National Signing Day grabs headlines in its 24 hour news cycle.
5. Our second favorite contact sport takes center stage: Presidential primary politics.