And as you know by now, I think in terms of “lists” and “tops.”
So what are the five movies that make me think “summer” more quickly than any others?
5. Corvette Summer. Never to be confused with Citizen Kane or Sophie’s Choice, I nevertheless loved this movie. I was 16 at the time, loved cars, and had the freedom to go to a movie with a friend on a weeknight during the summer. So I did. Who knew Mark Hammill could be someone else besides Luke Skywalker?
4. Raiders Of The Lost Ark. It doesn’t really have much to do with summer. But I saw it in summer. There is much more random killing in this movie than you might think. All in all, though, not too bad.
3. The Natural. Hokey. Improbable. Perfect.
2. Field Of Dreams. Is this movie about baseball, corn fields, and time travel? Or is it about fathers and sons and saying what you need to say? Yes.
1. Jaws. And you wonder why I like the pool better than the beach.