Here’s where some of it has happened for the pastoral care givers at our church just in the past few months:
- In hospital rooms;
- By a lakeshore;
- In the church lobby;
- At the county jail;
- In the Worship Center;
- At the county mental health facility;
- At funeral homes;
- Over lunches and dinners;
- At the Welcome Desk;
- In cabins at a campground;
- While serving meals at the Charlotte Rescue Mission;
- During band practice;
- In the K-Zone;
- In a converted garage now home to HalfWay House;
- In a converted video store now home to BigHouse;
- In rehab facilities;
- At the YMCA.
It’s all reminiscent of Deuteronomy 6:4-6:
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.[a] 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
Have I left any out?