As I was separating light clothes from dark clothes before putting them in the washing machine, it occurred to me “this is the kind of thing I do because I’m married. I would never have even thought of separating lights from darks otherwise.”
And that got me thinking about other things that would never even enter my mind if was single; things I believe I share with most other males of the species . . .
- Sending my family birthday cards;
- Having personalized Christmas cards made up;
- Putting up and decorating a Christmas tree;
- Making the bed in the morning;
- Putting the top of the toothpaste tube back on;
- Marking February 14 on my calendar;
- Owning one cat, much less two;
- Talking about my feelings;
- Making sure the color of my shoes match the rest of what I’m wearing;
- Writing this post.